Yes, Mama said there would be days like this. Granted, in this case, it’s not the wedding bells that are calling everyone but me, but it’s a myriad of other adult like things that have happened that have made huge waves in my adult life. Let’s explore what my past 48 hours of life have been like. In no particular order:
- I found out briefly I had my job cut at work due to the economy, DEATH KNELL, and spent a period of 30 terrifying seconds without employment. I can definitely say this wasn’t fun.
- I then found out I was absorbed by another branch of my company doing something completely different. Reprieve, thank you jebus.
- There is a very good chance I will have a pay cut. I think it is also safe to say that I will be overworked and under paid. Mantra: At least I have a job. At least I have a job. At least I have a job.
- Because my world tilted wildly out of control I ended up renting a car for Friday to drive to Cleveland with a friend in the hopes of purchasing tickets for the Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings concert at the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. Bad decision or adventure? I’m going to go with adventure.
- I used the word orgasms in scrabble yesterday resulting in a bingo on a triple word score giving me 87 points on one word. I was embarrassed saying the word in front of the older woman I was playing with.
- I had a cupcake for dinner last night.
- On my way to work I thought I saw a construction worker lugging a big iron cross alongside the airport in a construction zone. What it turned out I saw was a guy lugging a wooden cross simulating Jesus carrying his cross. You know people do this to signify Jesus’ walk to his crucifixion and the pain of carrying his cross. The difference with this guy was that his cross had a wheel affixed to the bottom of it making his cross bearing MUCH easier to carry. (*include eye rolls and an air of sarcasm with this one*).
- I’ve decided that tomorrow I will attend a meeting to learn how to ref the women’s roller derby team being created in Erie.
- I have terrific acid indigestion.
Being an adult is hard and practically losing your job is super scary.
The Shirelles are ssssoooo right!